Monday, May 3, 2010

Entrobi



Here is a concept that I am going to be fleshing out / making into a 3d model for this months classes. Sadly Blogspot is posting these out of order...The top image is the final ideration that I'm going to be working off of, where as the bottom picture is the original concept. Middleman will stay the middle man. the creature is an Entrobi, a mount used for crossing through jungles and plains at night. The neck armor and helm have a those round globe things that store light particles during the day and emit light after the sun has left the sky. It is also common for the riders to hang a lantern off of the back of the saddle for rear lighting. Originally the creature wasn't really based off much. When I started to flesh out the design I pulled specific parts from specific already existing animals. Iteration 2(the middle man) is the original creatures I pulled from the original concept. The head is the shape of a squirrel, the ears are from a Fennec Fox, the neck from a swan, the body from a Great Dane(Dog), and the tail from a lion. As I got to researching and fleshing it out more, I decided that for the body, where a Great Dane is pretty cool, I would rather something bigger and more built for riding. For iteration 2, the top picture, I switched out the body of a Great Dane with that of Clydesdale. When I get around to drawing it more, I'm going to re-draw up the armor to give it more of a beast of burden fee. The helm is going to have blinders and more resemble a Falconry Hood(google it :P) Enjoy. And yes mom, I'm using the Invader Zim sketchbook :)

No comments:

Post a Comment