Thursday, June 17, 2010

Structural Assets



Today was Individual C turn in. We had to have our 4 structural assets completed, with full texture maps in Unreal Development Kit(UDK). I thought it was due this morning so I freaked out getting it all done last night, to find out towards the end of an open lab that it wasn't due until after lab today. So I had a whole 4 hour lab to polish these assets up and they still feel unfinished to me. This isn't part of our level or anything, this picture I took at home simply placing my assets over the BSP surface of the bare level, and throwing a couple point lights in the game. The floor and ceiling textures though ARE from our level and I by no means did them. The floor and ceiling textures were done by my team member Dinesh Nannapaneni. Thanks Dinesh for being an awesome texture artist for our level :) For our level I am the Technical artist, so sadly I most likely won't be showing you my work on our level until I figure out how to make movies from the screen. I'll post a couple of my asset sheets in a moment to show you how these static meshes are set up in the UDK engine.
Individual C turn in completed... BWUAHAHAHA ^_^ and now for Beta turn in on saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment